EA, For all the wedding videographers, drone camera operators, and multimedia journalists who have professional photo still and cinema video production needs, get ready for a new type of shooting experience with the Canon EOS R5 C Mirrorless Cinema Camera. With a simple switch, the R5 C is a full featured still photo camera with all the settings of the R5 EOS mirrorless camera. When switched in the other direction, it becomes a full-frame 8K60 Cinema EOS camera that internally records 12-bit Cinema RAW Light footage. There’s no more need to carry a second camera with you to your production when stills and video are available within a single compact design.
The Canon EOS R5 C Mirrorless Cinema Camera enhances a number of features in comparison to its siblings the R5 and C70, including 4K120 recording, HDMI RAW output, Canon Log 3 HLG/PQ support, unlimited recording time, a timecode port, Dual Pixel CMOS AF with eye detection, an active cooling system, a high-power LP-E6NH battery, 13 reassignable buttons, and a multi-function shoe for XLR adapters. The camera also retains the reliable features of those cameras such as Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, footage compatibility with DaVinci Resolve and Canon apps, an electronic RF mount, CFexpress/SD card slots, a similar button layout, and more. The EOS R5 C is also moisture and dustproof to the same level as its cinema cousin, the EOS C70. And all this is packed into a tiny 1.7 lb body that is just asking to become your go-to drone camera.
Common Features & Technology as the EOS R5
Canon’s 45MP full-frame CMOS imaging sensor is at the heart of the EOS R5 C camera’s superb image quality, which also leads the way for impressive 8K60 RAW cinematic video shooting.
- Focus and speed are paramount in the EOS R5 C camera, providing impressive still-image continuous capture at speeds of up to 20 fps
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF II capability, to track split second movements of even the most elusive subjects
- With 1053 Automatic AF zones, it is easy to photograph people with the use of Eye, Face, and Head Detection AF, or intuitively track the whole body, face, or eyes of cats, dogs, or birds with Animal Detection AF
- For those with the need for speed, Canon has also included still-image vehicle subject detection to assist with accurate tracking of cars and motorcycles
- Connectivity like 5 and 2.4GHz Wi-Fi and Bluetooth is also included for the transfer of still images
Video Control for the Dedicated Video Professional
Ergonomic EOS Design
CMOS Sensor and DIGIC X Processor
8K60 RAW Recording
Cinema RAW Light in 8K is amazing for post-production grading and archiving, or MP4, which is optimized for faster online use. 5.9K in Super 35mm mode and 2.9K in Super 16mm mode are also available for internal recording to CFexpress cards. Cinema RAW Light video files have been optimized for better efficiency to achieve 12-bit recording in all frame rates. Thanks to three newly developed Cinema RAW Light modes (High-quality RAW HQ, standard-quality RAW ST, and Light recording RAW LT), users can select the RAW video mode according to their shooting needs. Lighter, smaller proxy video files can also be recorded while shooting 8K.
The Canon EOS R5 C Mirrorless Cinema Camera camera supports RAW output via HDMI and ProRes RAW recording with compatible external recorders such as Atomos devices. By connecting the EOS R5 C camera with a supported external recorder, users can shoot in Apple ProRes RAW at up to 8K30. Proxy data can also be simultaneously recorded to an SD card in-camera, providing efficient post-production operations.
Different File Formats and Simultaneous Recording
Internal Cooling Fan Enables Nonstop 8K60 Recording
Expanded Interface for Professional Needs
Multi-Function Shoe for Audio Recording
Multiple Power Options
To gain full electronic lens functionality with all Cinema RAW Light resolutions and frame rates, you can use utilize the CA-946 power adapter with the new DR-E6C DC coupler for mains or pro D-Tap battery power sources, or you can use a power bank such as the Anker PowerCode 26800mAh PD or omnicharge Omni Mobile 25600mAh.
13 Full-Featured Assignable Buttons
4K and 2K Oversampling
Up to 4K120 Slow and Fast Motion Recording Mode in 4:2:2 10-Bit
Simultaneous Audio Recording Enabled with HFR
Enhanced Image Stabilization
Still Imaging Features
High Still-Image Quality Featuring a 45MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor & DIGIC X Processor.
DIGIC X Image Processor with an ISO Range of 100-51200; Expandable to 102400
High-Speed Continuous Shooting
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to 12 fps with Mechanical Shutter and up to 20 fps Electronic (Silent) Shutter
- High-speed continuous shooting with full AF subject detection and tracking, at all still-image quality settings
- A high-precision Dual Pixel CMOS AF system allows the EOS R5 C camera to reliably capture approximately 100% of the still-image area, with most Canon lenses