EA, The Rode RODELink Filmmaker Kit brings vloggers, DIY videographers, and content creators a cost-effective digital wireless microphone system with simple, plug-and-record operation, clean and reliable sound, and extended battery life.
The kit features an omnidirectional lavalier microphone for hands-free speech and dialog, along with a bodypack transmitter, and a camera-mount receiver. It operates anywhere in the world in the 2.4 GHz spectrum—well away from potential TV and radio interference.
For ease of use, the transmitter and receiver are paired at the factory. Just power up and you’re good to go. The system plugs into your DSLR or mirrorless camera, allowing you to capture audio for projects ranging from YouTube vlogs and wedding videos to corporate spots and interviews.
The Filmmaker Kit boasts a remarkable battery life, routinely operating for over 30 hours (and up to 50 hours in ideal environments) on two AA batteries. Up to eight systems can operate on set.
Transmitter with Lavalier Mic
- Made of lightweight plastic, the bodypack transmitter clips to the talent’s waist and features a locking 3.5mm connection for the lavalier, ensuring the mic doesn’t detach while in use.
- A 3-stage gain adjustment lets you set the input to accommodate mic levels ranging from a soft whisper to loud speech.
- The transmitter features a single mute/mute lock/power button and a status-indicator LED—displaying battery life, and mute status.
Receiver with OLED Display
- The equally lightweight (at 6.7 oz) receiver also features easy, one-button operation for basic controls, and a detachable shoemount with a rounded base that lets you conveniently angle the unit on top of your camera.
- The included cable connects the receiver’s output to the 3.5mm audio input of any DSLR or mirrorless camera. Alternatively, the VXLR 3.5mm to XLR adapter (available separately) allows you plug your system into the XLR input of a camcorder or recording device.
- The receiver features a high-output level with three-stage gain adjustment, which lets you turn down the camera gain for cleaner recordings with less hiss.
- Conveniently, the receiver’s OLED display shows critical information for the receiver as well as the transmitter, including battery status, signal level, mute status, and channel selection for both units.
Simple and Flexible Operation
- The transmitter and the receiver arrive pre-paired, and automatically seek out a clean frequency when you turn them on—saving you the hassle of scanning and syncing before a shoot.
- The system uses an intuitive, single-button interface for frequently used basic functions including power, muting, and the mute lock function (which prevents the talent from muting the mic).
- The mute-lock function on the transmitter can be wirelessly activated from the receiver.
- Additional buttons offer more advanced controls—without elaborate menu diving—over audio levels, additional pairing, and channel selection (if you’re using multiple systems).
Clean and Reliable Sound
- RODELink employs Series II 2.4 GHz digital transmission, which constantly monitors and hops between frequencies to maintain a clean transmission, at a range of up to 330’.
- To ensure clear communication, the system sends the audio on two separate frequencies (frequency diversity) and uses the cleanest signal.
- The system transmits a strong signal at the selected frequency to overcome interference even in busy 2.4 GHz (Wi-Fi) environments. For optimal performance, users are encouraged to maintain as direct a line of sight as possible between the transmitter and receiver.
- To deliver high-quality wireless audio, the system offers a resolution of 24-bit / 44.1 kHz, a wide frequency response of 35 Hz to 22 kHz, and an impressive dynamic range of 112 dB.
- Note: Each RODELink system creates a wireless peer-to-peer connection allowing the transmitter and the receiver to operate as a pair. This means that the transmitter can transmit audio to only one receiver at a time. Conversely, the receiver can only receive audio from one transmitter at a time.
- The transmitter’s belt clip and receiver’s shoemount adapters can be swapped, allowing either component to be belt clipped, mounted on cameras and tripods, or used in an audio bag
- While in operation, the system can be powered via USB with a wall power source or a portable battery
- 4 ms maximum latency
- 128-bit encryption for security
- Both the transmitter and receiver run on two AA batteries
- For added flexibility, the compatible TX-XLR plug-on transmitter (available separately) lets you turn any handheld or shotgun mic into a wireless microphone for man-on-street interviews or wireless booming
- Designed and made in Australia