Sony a7R V Mirrorless Camera (Body)
- 61MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ XR & AI Processing Unit
- AI-Based Real-Time Tracking AF System
- 8K 24p, 4K 60p, FHD 120p 10-Bit Video
- 4K 16-Bit Raw Output; S-Log3/S-Cinetone
- 9.44m-Dot EVF with 120 fps Refresh Rate
- 3.2″ 4-Axis Multi-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- 10 fps Shooting with AF/AE Tracking
- 8-Stop 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- Dual CFexpress Type A/SD Card Slots
KSh520,000.00 Excl. VAT
Exmor R BSI Sensor and BIONZ XR Processor
61MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
Improved Processing Engine
In terms of shooting speeds, the sensor and processor enable up to 10 fps shooting, at full resolution with a mechanical shutter, for up to 583 consecutive compressed raw frames, with full-time AF/AE. If shooting JPEG only, more than 1000 frames can be recorded in a single burst.
- Updated for the a7R V, the in-body image stabilization system has been revised to support up to 8 stops of camera shake compensation. This 5-axis stabilization system combines a high-performance gyro sensor with an optimized algorithm for more precise shake control and improved communication between the camera body and lens.
- Additionally, specifically for video, there is also an Active IS mode that adds even more precise stabilization methods for even smoother footage straight out of camera. Also, this digital stabilization system has been updated with a new algorithm that offers the best stabilization performance when paired with select OSS-enabled lenses.
Pixel Shift Multi Shooting
- New auto-exposure algorithm can detect skin area in faces in order to more accurately balance exposures for portraits. This AE method is approximately 20% more reliable, even in backlit or direct sunlight situations, or even when the subject is not directly facing the camera.
- Deep learning technology, along with external visible light and IR sensors, also contributes to more accurate color reproduction and auto white balance processing.
Next Generation AI-Based Autofocus
AI Processing Unit
- Human, which tracks body and head positions for accurate portraits. Real-time Eye AF performance has also been improved by 60% thanks to the human pose estimation capabilities.
- Animal, Bird, and Animal/Bird modes are now 40% more accurate for tracking and recognizing a variety of animal types. Recognition of these subjects includes dogs, cats, birds and more, with the ability to pinpoint focus on eyes and recognize animal bodies and heads.
- Insect recognition offers even finer performance with the ability to detect the head or entire insect subject.
- Car/Train and Airplane recognition means the camera can detect the front part of a train, nose of an airplane, or easily detect the entire fast-moving subject.
Real-time Tracking benefits from AI-based subject recognition for following moving subjects, making it particularly well-suited to sports and action subjects. Also, Human pose estimation allows the camera to distinguish between multiple people and maintain focus on the targeted subject; even if someone crosses in front, the camera maintains focus on the key person.
Advanced Fast Hybrid AF
- Covering 79% of the full-frame image area, or 100% of the APS-C cropped area, a Fast Hybrid AF system incorporates a dense 693 phase-detection point grid for quick and precise focusing in a variety of lighting conditions with sensitivity down to -4 EV. This focusing system is available for use in all recording modes, to benefit both video and stills applications.
- Full-time DMF (Direct Manual Focus) enables using the lens’s focus ring for manual focus control at any time, making it easier to switch focus to a different subject even when working with AF.
- For photographic moving subjects, this AF system keeps up with the top 10 fps continuous shooting speeds, offering full-time AF tracking between each consecutive frame.
- In-camera Focus Bracketing is possible, with the ability to record up to 299 frames with sequentially shifted focus points for creating composite images during post-production with greater-than-possible depth of field.
AF During Video Recording
- Real-time Eye AF is fully supported during video recording, for subject detection and tracking of human, animal, and bird eyes while shooting.
- Focus Map is a unique way of visualizing depth of field and functions in a similar way to peaking with a colorful overlay of the scene that indicates which parts of the scene are in front of and behind the focus point depending on the chosen aperture.
- A feature carried over from the FX6 digital cine camera, AF Assist lets you intuitively switch over to manual focus control for adjusting focus position when working with AF. This is a quick way to shift selective focus between various subjects in a scene while recording.
- A unique solution to compensate for how certain lenses perform when racking focus, Focus Breathing compensation will automatically smooth focus transitions and maintain a consistent field of view when changing the focus position during a shot. This mode crops into the image slightly and corrects for any detected shifts in composition when focusing is happening. This function is compatible with select E-mount lenses, check Breathing Compensation lens compatibility here.
8K 24p and 4K 60p Support
- Making use of the high-resolution sensor and fast processing capabilities, UHD 8K 24p and UHD 4K 60p XAVC HS 10-bit video recording is possible using the full width of the sensor with full pixel readout for impressive sharpness and realism.
- If using a Super 35 crop, full pixel readout recording is possible at up to UHD 4K at frame rates up to 30p or 6.2K oversampling can be used for greater sharpness and detail.
- Internal 10-bit 4:2:2 sampling is possible at up to 4K 60p in XAVC HS and XAVC S-I and, if recording externally via the full-size HDMI A port, 16-bit raw output can be used for even greater tonal reproduction and post-production flexibility.
- Raw output is supported at up to 4K 60p and simultaneous internal 4K recording is possible, too.
- The Sony a7R V Mirrorless Camera employs a pair of codecs to suit different workflows: XAVC HS, which uses HEVC/H.265 encoding to retain more detail at smaller bitrates and XAVC S-I, which is an intraframe codec for consistent performance and quality at higher bitrates.
- If recording in Full HD, high-speed, 120 fps recording enables 4x and 5x slow-motion movie recording with the frame rate playback set to either 30p or 24p.
- No recording time limit allows for unlimited clip lengths and the camera’s physical design features an improved heat-dissipating structure to promote longer possible recording times.
Advanced Color Control
- S-Cinetone can be used to deliver distinct colors and healthy-looking skin tone rendering that matches the FX9, FX6, a1, and a7S III cameras and is based on technology from the professional Cinema Line cameras, such as the VENICE. This color profile offers natural mid-tones, soft colors, and especially well-controlled highlights.
- Affording extensive customizable color and gamma controls, the you can adjust the gamma, black level, knee, color level, and more. Also, users can use the same S-Log2 Gamma Curve that is found on high end Sony Cinema cameras that squeezes up to 1300% more dynamic range into the video signal then traditional REC709, for increased post-production flexibility.
- HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) support is also available, along with the BT.2020 color space, for recording within a wide color gamut and, in addition to S-Log2, S-Log3 is also available for producing a 15+-stop dynamic range with increased grading control in the shadow to mid-tone regions of the image.
Body Design and Connectivity
9.44m-Dot EVF and 4-Axis Multi-Angle LCD
- Sporting a new, more functional LCD design, the a7R V has a 4-axis multi-angle LCD monitor that combines the best assets of both tilting and side-open/flip-out vari-angle designs.
- This 3.2″ 2.1m-dot LCD also has a touchscreen design and a DCI-P3 wide gamut for accurate color monitoring.
- An impressive QXGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF features a high 9.44m-dot resolution and 0.9x magnification for exceptionally bright, clear, and detailed eye-level viewing.
- The EVF permits 120 fps playback for smooth motion rendering and the finder’s physical design has a long 25mm eye point, 41° field of view, and features a fluorine coating on the outermost viewfinder element to benefit cleaning.
Versatile and Durable Design
- Dual memory card slots both accept either CFexpress Type A or SD-type memory cards. The dual slot design allows for flexible file saving and handling and can be configured to partition file types or can be used for overflow recording. Additionally, both of the card slots are rated to support UHS-II memory cards for faster transfer speeds.
- Accepts the high-capacity NP-FZ100 rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which provides approximately 440 shots/90 minutes of recording per charge when using the viewfinder or 530 shots/100 minutes of recording per charge when using the rear LCD.
- Magnesium alloy chassis assures rigidity, durability, and stability while remaining lightweight. The lens mount has also been improved to better support heavy lenses, and the grip rigidity has been improved for more comfortable hand-holding.
- Extensive weather-sealing, including enhanced sealing around the battery cover, terminal cover, and chassis joints, has been employed to resist dust and moisture for reliable operation in harsh weather conditions.
Ports and Interface
- Full-size HDMI A port offers a more reliable connection when working with external recorders.
- A USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 port has been added, in addition to a micro-USB port, for faster, more reliable tethering support. The USB-C connection allows the camera to be charged or powered from the host power source while connected.
- PC sync terminal for wired flash sync with strobe packs or wireless radio remotes.
- Both 3.5mm headphone and external microphone ports facilitate greater control over audio recording.
- Multi Interface Shoe supports working with the optional ECM-B1M Shotgun Microphone or XLR-K3M XLR Adapter Kit, which provide improved, clear audio recording sound by sending a digital audio signal to the camera, opposed to an analog signal.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC enables the a7R V to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online, and support for both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands also enables wireless tethered shooting support. Also, the 5 GHz band supports 2×2 MIMO for fast communication speeds and dual antennas ensure a reliable connection.
- Bluetooth connectivity allows for location data acquisition.
- Supports 4K webcam use and is UVC/UAC compliant for simple operation. Internal recording is also supported while live streaming.
- USB-C port, when used in conjunction with an optional USB-Ethernet adapter, offers up to 1000BASE-T speeds for quick wired LAN sharing and remote operation.
- Imaging Edge Remote for desktop supports PC Remote shooting via the Wi-Fi connection or tethered by the wired USB-C port. An updated data transfer control also makes it possible to transfer files from an SD card over Wi-Fi using the Imaging Edge Mobile app even when the camera is powered off.
In the Box
- Sony a7R V Mirrorless Camera
- Sony NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (2280mAh)
- Sony BC-QZ1 Battery Charger
- Sony ALC-B1EM Body Cap for E-Mount Cameras
- USB Type-C to Type-A Cable
- Cable Protector
- Shoulder Strap
- Accessory Shoe Cap
- Eyepiece Cup
- Limited 1-Year Warranty.