Insta360 ONE R 1″ Edition
- 1″ Mod + Core Mod with Reversible LCD
- Battery Base & 16′ Waterproof Frame
- 1″ Sensor, Up to 5.3K Video/19MP Photos
- FlowState Stabilization; Starlapse Mode
Available on backorder
The Insta360 ONE R 1″ Edition is one of the key configurations of the modular ONE R action camera system. It includes the Core module, 1″ Mod, Battery Base, and Mounting Bracket, also known as a frame. The 1″ Mod features a large 1″ sensor and captures up to 5.3K resolution video at 30 fps. It also captures 19MP and Raw photos. The Core module functions as the brain. It has a touchscreen live-view display with controls and is reversible so the display can be used for selfie/vlog shots. The 1″ Mod and Core module mount side by side on the Battery Base, connecting into electronic contacts on it. The Battery Base has a built-in battery that powers the modules for approximately 65-70 minutes. The Battery Base is rechargeable via a USB interface.
With everything thus set up, all the modules function together as one unit. When they’re assembled like this and installed in the Mounting Bracket, the whole setup becomes waterproof down to 16′ without any waterproof housing required. (The different modules are waterproof only after being fully assembled on the Battery Base and installed in the included Mounting Bracket.) Alternatively, for deeper waters, an optional 98′ dive case is available specifically for use with the 1″ Edition.
The 1″ Mod can be swapped out for other ONE R modules, sold separately, hence the modular aspect of the ONE R system, which ultimately allows you to approach different applications with one system.
The large sensor of the 1″ Mod ensures highly increased low-light capability and better detail and color at all resolutions. The 1″ Mod also has built-in FlowState image stabilization that uses a scene-detection algorithm to stabilize your shots. This feature works well even in low-light conditions thanks to the large sensor. The stabilization smooths out camera shake so your images come out more balanced and professional looking. Insta360 has teamed up with Leica in the optical design of this module.
The companion iOS/Android app used with the ONE R system has several creative functions that are specific to the 1″ Mod. These include Starlapse mode, which automatically adjusts exposure settings to capture sweeping time-lapses of the night skies. Color Plus applies an automatic color grade to your footage, allowing you to turn standard videos into bright and colorful ones. Night Shot makes use of the 1″ sensor to capture highly detailed low-light images. Other features include Slow-Mo (for 4K video and below), HDR Photo, and Voice Control.
Additional features of the ONE R include support for remote Bluetooth control from an Apple Watch or dedicated Insta360 GPS smart remote, both sold separately. The innovative, modular system also offers external mic support via an optional Insta360 USB Type-C to 3.5mm adapter.
Compatible Mobile Devices
- iOS A11 or above
- Android Kirin 980 or above
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- Exynos 9810 or above
- Core module with a touchscreen live-view display, reversible for selfie/vlog shots
- 1" Mod with low-light friendly 1" sensor captures up to 5.3K resolution video at 30 fps, 19MP photos in 3:2 and 16:9 aspect ratios, and Raw photos
- Battery Base with 65 to 70-minute built-in battery
- Mounting Bracket with 3-prong mount
- Waterproof down to 16' when the Core module, 1" Mod, and Battery Base are assembled and installed in the Mounting Bracket
- Optional 98' dive case supported
- FlowState image stabilization built into 1" Mod
- Starlapse mode, Color Plus, Night Shot, Slow-Mo, HDR Photo, Voice Control, and other creative features applicable with the 1" Mod via the companion iOS/Android app
- External mic support via an optional Insta360 USB Type-C to 3.5mm adapter